Monday 11 April 2011

2:46 Now on sale -- all proceeds to the Japan Red Cross

Written in two days, edited and put together in one week, and released in just over three weeks, 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake is the result of the #quakebook project, put together via Twitter in the aftermath of the March 11th earthquake in Tohoku.

The book went on sale in ebook form today via Amazon. I wrote the piece Radioactivity, which I also posted on this blog, specifically for 2:46, and it appears there in an edited form. The book also features contributions from Jake Adelstein, William Gibson and Yoko Ono, but the real reasons to buy it are firstly, the way that it pieces together the real-time experiences of ordinary people as they reacted to the quake, and secondly, because Amazon have agreed to donate all the money to the Japan Red Cross.


You can buy 2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake from Amazon here.

1 comment:

Catherine Meyers said...

Hello Dotdash,

My name is Catherine Meyers, I'm the admin of a web blog directory, while reading your blog and it's reviews and articles about anime and manga and Japan related like this one, I was wondering if you might be interested in a link exchange (no money involved), I would add your blog in my directory so my visitors will also visit your site and in exchange you add my website to your blogroll or links. Please let me know if you are interested and the best of luck with Plot Shield.

Cheers!

Cathy